APPLY YOURSELF TO THE FIELD MINISTRY: July 27 - August 2, 2026, Explain your beliefs: Role-play. Lesson 13. Prepared Assignment.
Explain your beliefs (4 mins.) Role-play. A child who has to give a presentation in class rehearses with his or her father. The presentation is based on ijwwd article 41 (th lesson 13).
Setting: The publisher is helping his son prepare for a school presentation on human life. As they rehearse together, he teaches him how to use a simple comparison to explain a scientific idea clearly and in an easy-to-understand way. He also encourages him to speak confidently and to conclude his presentation with a thought-provoking question for his classmates.
Publisher: I hear you sounding very focused, son. How are the preparations going for your presentation at school tomorrow?
Assistant: Well... I'm actually a little nervous. The teacher asked us to talk about human life, and I found a really interesting article on jw.org about how cells specialize to form the body. I liked it a lot, but I feel like it has some difficult words, and I don't know if my classmates will understand it.
Publisher: It's normal to feel this way before an exhibition. So, tell me how you plan to start.
Assistant: I had thought of saying something like this: “We all begin as a single microscopic cell called a zygote. Then, that cell copies itself and divides many times. At first, all the cells look the same, but then they organize themselves into layers and begin to move and group together to form the bones, the heart, the brain, the skin, and all the other organs of the body, all in perfect coordination.” How does that sound?
Publisher: The information is very good. The problem is that some colleagues might get lost with so many scientific terms. Do you remember what we learned in the meeting? When we want to explain a complicated idea, a simple comparison can help everyone understand it.
Assistant: Yes, that's true. But I can't think of any.
Publisher: Think of something everyone is familiar with. For example, building blocks, like LEGO. Almost every child has played with them.
Assistant: That's true! So I could say that at the beginning it's like having a box full of exactly the same blocks.
Publisher: Exactly. And what makes those same blocks end up forming completely different things?
Assistant: The instruction manual.
Publisher: Very well. And what could you compare that manual to?
Assistant: With DNA. You could say that DNA is like an instruction manual that tells each cell what job it should do.
Publisher: Great idea. How would you explain it?
Assistant: I would say something like this: “With the same blocks you can build a car, a house or an airplane, because the manual tells you where to put each piece. Similarly, although all cells start out very similar, DNA tells them which ones will become muscles, which ones bones, which ones neurons and which ones will form the heart.”
Publisher: Excellent! That comparison will help everyone imagine what happens inside the body without needing to know so many scientific terms.
Assistant: Yes, I think it's much better understood now.
Publisher: Exactly. The goal of a good presentation is not to use difficult words, but to ensure that the listeners understand the idea.
Assistant: You're right. I think even the professor will notice that I tried to explain it in a simple way.
Publisher: I'm sure you will. Now tell me, how do you plan to end your presentation?
Assistant: I want to end with a question for my classmates to reflect on. I'm going to say: “When we buy a very complex construction set, we know that someone designed the model and wrote the instructions. So, when we see hundreds of billions of cells working in perfect coordination to form a healthy baby, what seems more reasonable to you: that it all happened by chance or that there was an intelligent Designer?”
Publisher: I really like that ending. It doesn't force anyone to think a certain way; it simply invites reflection on something very interesting.
Assistant: That's what I liked about the article. It not only provides information, but it also makes you think.
Publisher: Exactly. And remember to speak slowly, look at your classmates occasionally, and smile. That will make you feel more confident.
Assistant: I'm going to try it. Honestly, after practicing with you I already feel much calmer.
Publisher: I'm glad to hear it. You've prepared your topic very well, and it's clear you understand it. I'm sure you'll give an excellent presentation tomorrow.
Assistant: Thanks, Dad. I'm going to review it one more time before bed to feel even more confident.
Publisher: That's a good idea. You'll see, everything will turn out great. Best of luck tomorrow!
Comments
Post a Comment