APPLY YOURSELF TO THE FIELD MINISTRY, Week of July 27 to August 2, 2026, Start Conversations: INFORMAL PREACHING. (Making Disciples: A Work of Love, Lesson 2, Section 4). Prepared Assignment.

APPLY YOURSELF TO THE FIELD MINISTRY, July 27 - August 2, 2026, Start conversations: INFORMAL PREACHING. (Making disciples: a work of love, Lesson 2, point 4). Prepared Assignment.

Start conversations (4 mins.) INFORMAL PREACHING. Find a natural way to let the person know that you are one of Jehovah's Witnesses (lmd lesson 2 point 4).

Setting: In a public place, a person is looking at a news report on their cell phone with concern. The publisher naturally lets the person know that he is one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Then, he shows empathy for the situation and explains how the Bible’s promises have given him hope and peace.

Assistant: Unbelievable... more problems with crime. Honestly, going out this way is really dangerous now. Don't you think?

Publisher: It's true. The insecurity has us all on edge. You go out to work or do some shopping and you don't know if you'll get back safely. Did something serious happen today?

Assistant: Thankfully, no. But a business nearby was robbed. Apparently, it was in broad daylight. You work hard to earn a living, and these guys come along and take everything in a minute. It's truly infuriating. I feel like there's no way out.

Publisher: I completely understand. That feeling of helplessness and the fear of not knowing if you'll make it home safely is incredibly draining. I confess that there was a time when I thought exactly the same thing, that there was no solution.

Assistant: And what made him change his mind?

Publisher: I started researching what the Bible said about the future of humanity. I was surprised to discover that God did not create people to live with fear, violence, and injustice.

Assistant: Does the Bible really talk about that?

Publisher: Yes. In fact, I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and studying God's promises in the Bible helps me a lot. That's where I discovered that the crime and evil we see today won't last forever. God promises that very soon he will eliminate those who do harm and restore peace and tranquility to humanity.

Assistant: I never imagined he was a Jehovah's Witness, but it sounds really good. Although, to be honest, sometimes it's hard to believe, given the current situation. A solution like that seems very distant.

Publisher: I understand. To a certain extent, it's normal to think that way. Anyone could have that doubt. I even wondered if it was really possible. But what convinced me was seeing that God has always kept his promises. That gives me confidence that he will keep this one too.

Assistant: I had never seen it that way.

Publisher: Look, there's a very short verse I always remember when I hear news like what you were reading. It helps me stay calm and hopeful. It's in Psalm 37:10. Would you like to read it?

Assistant: Of course. It says, "Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; you will look where they were, and they will no longer be there." How beautiful. Can you imagine what a relief it would be to live in a place like that?

Publisher: Yes. That's what we all long for: to go out without fear, for our children to be able to play peacefully, and to no longer hear news like this.

Assistant: Wow, that would be a real change. Living without fear would be wonderful.

Publisher: Exactly. And the best part is that this hope is not based on human optimism, but on a promise from God.

Assistant: Honestly, that text really got me thinking.

Publisher: I'm glad to hear that. Look, so as not to take up any more of your time, I'd like to give you this card with our official website, JW.ORG. It's completely free. There you'll find short videos and very practical articles that explain why we can trust the Bible's promises and how to maintain peace of mind even in difficult times.

Assistant: Thank you very much. I'll gladly review it. It was a pleasure talking with you.

Publisher: The pleasure was all mine. I hope you find the information useful. Have a wonderful day.

Assistant: Likewise. Thank you very much.

Comments