Tuesday, October 8, 2024

APPLY YOURSELF TO THE FIELD MINISTRY: Week of October 7-13, 2024, Start conversations: INFORMAL PREACHING. (Making disciples: a labor of love, Lesson 5 point 3). Prepared Assignment.

APPLY YOURSELF TO THE FIELD MINISTRY: October 7-13, 2024, Start Conversations: INFORMAL PREACHING. (Making Disciples: A Labor of Love, Lesson 5, point 3). Prepared Assignment.

Starting Conversations (4 mins.) INFORMAL PREACHING. While you are having a conversation with someone, look for a way to talk about your work as a Bible teacher (lmd lesson 5 point 3).

Scenario: You're in a waiting room, and the person next to you is commenting on how difficult the economic situation is and how it's affecting their family.

Assistant: “Things are really tough lately, honestly. Prices are going up, and it never seems like there’s enough to get by. Sometimes I don’t know how we’re going to keep going.”

Publisher: “It’s true, we’re all facing a lot of difficulties these days. It’s not easy, and I understand how frustrating it can be. I’ve been through some tough times myself, and what’s helped me a lot is finding a source of hope in all of this.”

Assistant: “Really? And how did you do it?”

Publisher: “Well, something that has given me a lot of peace is what I have learned from the Bible. Sometimes the solutions are not immediate, but the Bible speaks of a future time when we will not have to face these problems. It promises that a day will come when there will be no more suffering or difficulties. That message has given me a lot of peace, and it helps me to have a more positive vision of the future.”

Assistant: “That sounds very interesting. I didn’t know the Bible talked about that.”

Poster: “Yes, it’s a promise that has helped millions of people maintain hope. You know, in my spare time, I get to help people find ways to deal with those challenges. Sometimes I use certain ancient writings that have given wisdom to many people throughout history. I’ve seen how some of those principles can really change people’s perspectives. I’d love to share some of it if you’re ever interested.”

Person: If it's okay I'd like to hear what you have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment