Monday, January 8, 2024

APPLY YOURSELF TO THE FIELD MINISTRY: Week of January 8 to 14, 2024, Start conversations: INFORMAL PREACHING. (Making disciples: a work of love, lesson 1 point 4). Prepared Assignment.

APPLY YOURSELF TO THE FIELD MINISTRY: January 8-14, 2024, Start conversations: INFORMAL PREACHING. (Making disciples: a work of love, lesson 1 point 4). Prepared Assignment.

Start conversations (4 mins.) INFORMAL PREACHING. Show a person with young children how to find helpful information for parents on jw.org (lmd lesson 1 point 4).

In a waiting room...

Publisher: I congratulate you, sir, madam. 

Assistant: Thank you, but why?

Publisher: I congratulate you because although we have been waiting for a long time with the doctor and your children are small, they have behaved very well. It shows that you have put effort into your education. By the way, my name is Carla.

Helper: Thank you Carla, I'm Julia. Well I do what I can. I wish them to be polite and respectful people when they grow up. 

Publisher: That's excellent. In fact, that is what God wants us parents to do for our children. May I show the Bible a text that talks about that? 

Assistant: Of course Carla. 

Publisher: Excellent, the text is Proverbs 22:26. Pay attention to what it says…

Helper: What good advice. I have a Bible at home but I never read it. I didn't know the Bible had this kind of advice. But the Bible has a very large content, how do you know exactly where to look for advice on a specific topic? 

Publisher: That has a solution. I see you have a smartphone. Could you please open the internet browser to show yourself?

Assistant: Yes, of course, what are you going to show me?

Publisher: I will show you the official site of Jehovah's Witnesses. Please write jw.org. 

Helper: Oh I see, you are a Jehovah's Witness. Okay, I'll open it now...

Publisher: As you can see, there are a lot of very interesting things on the home page. But let's go to the upper right corner. Do you see those three horizontal lines? Touch ghee to display the menu please. Based on what we are talking about, what sections of this menu could you consult to find biblical advice to continue educating your children well? 

Helper: Wow, this is great. There are two. Right now it would be the children's section, and when they are older, it would be the "Teenagers and young adults" section. 

Publisher: Yes, as you can see there is excellent advice there for parents with young children and it is all based on The Bible. In addition, there are a variety of videos, activities and songs with biblical teachings according to different ages. There are also study and research projects and many other things and other topics that you can investigate according to your needs.

Assistant: And what are these classes like? 

Publisher: The classes are more or less the same as what we are doing now. They are conversations, except that we use a booklet called: "Enjoy life" which organizes the topics to be studied and serves as a study manual, but what is really studied is the Bible. 

Assistant: Carmen, the truth is that it sounds interesting and since you say that there is no commitment, do you think you can come on Thursday at 5 in the afternoon here at my house.

Publisher: I think it's great. I will make my arrangements to visit you on that day and at that time.

Helper: Thank you Carla, you just showed me a treasure. I assure you that I will get a lot of benefit from it. 

Publisher: Excellent. Here I leave you my number in case you have any questions or need more help. I'm very happy to hear it. I heard my name, it's my turn to go to the doctor…….

No comments:

Post a Comment