Watchtower Study, Week of July 27 to August 2, 2026, Take Care of Your Spirituality While Pursuing Further Studies. Underlined Answers.

Watchtower Study, July 27-August 2, 2026, Take care of your spirituality while pursuing further studies. Underlined answers.

Yellow: Direct Response

Light Yellow: Additional Response

Celeste: Additional Points

“No matter how far we have come, let us keep walking uprightly along that same path” (PHILIP. 3:16).

1, 2. (a) If you decide to pursue further studies, what will you need to make sure of? (b) What does it mean to keep “walking uprightly in that same way”? (Philippians 3:16).

Some of Jehovah's servants have decided to pursue further studies after completing the basic education usually stipulated by governments. Perhaps they feel that this could help them get a job that would allow them to support themselves and serve Jehovah fully. If you have already decided to continue studying, how can you make sure that you maintain a close relationship with Jehovah? (James 4:8a) I'm sure that during your school years you faced situations that tested your faith. Well, now you will have to keep "walking uprightly in that same way," that is, serving Jehovah as faithfully as you have done so far. (Read Philippians 3:16).

2 In Greek, within the phrase "walking correctly along that same path" there is a verb that was commonly used in military contexts to describe the united way in which the soldiers marched. So, if you decide to continue your studies, you will have to keep “marching” without stopping or going backward in your service to Jehovah. In this article, we'll look at four biblical principles that you're likely familiar with and that can serve as a guide. Just as you've applied them in the past, you'll need to continue doing so throughout your further studies and long after you've completed them.

MAINTAIN A GOOD PROGRAM OF SPIRITUAL ACTIVITIES

3. While pursuing your further studies, what should you be careful about when adjusting your daily routine?

3. What you should be careful about. Additional studies will surely keep you very busy, and you will have to make adjustments to your daily routine. Naturally, you will want to be a good student. But if you are not careful, you could begin to place less importance on your service to Jehovah. Gradually, you could even neglect attending meetings, preaching, personal Bible study, and prayer. (Apoc. 2:4).

4. How can we follow the counsel to be “very busy in the work of the Lord”? (1 Corinthians 15:58).

4 (Read 1 Corinthians 15:58). Just as a bicycle stays upright while in motion, we remain spiritually firm when we are “very busy in the work of the Lord,” in our service to Jehovah. How can you follow that counsel? Keep in mind that while the amount of time you dedicate to spiritual activities is important, what matters most is that they take first place in your life. Remember that you are first and foremost a servant of Jehovah, and then a student, not the other way around. (Matt. 22:37). A young sister named Samantha says: “I promised myself that if my studies ever came between me and Jehovah, then I would quit my studies.”

5. What can you do to keep busy in your service to Jehovah?

5 What you can do before starting your further studies. Don't lose sight of your priorities. Ask yourself, "Have I already planned what I'm going to do to continue attending meetings, preaching, and doing my personal study?" (Jos. 1:8; Matt. 28:19, 20; Heb. 10:25). It's also good to learn from your past. Ask yourself: "What did I do to maintain those activities in the first place while I was in school? Is there anything I wish I had done differently? What can I do now to improve?" Resolve to keep busy in your service to Jehovah while you continue your studies. Strive to be a good student, but do not sacrifice your friendship with Jehovah. (Mat. 6:24). a

6. What self-examination can you perform? (See also the image).

6 Once you start studying, give yourself a self-test every so often. For example, roughly every month ask yourself, "Are spiritual activities still my top priority?" Pay attention to warning signs: Do you have a habit of missing meetings or arriving late, are you thinking about your school assignments during meetings, or do you only attend via video conference? Also consider whether you are praying and reading the Bible less than before, or whether you are starting to see preaching as something mechanical that you want to finish as quickly as possible. If you see any of these warning signs, take action immediately. Don't let your studies take precedence over your service to Jehovah.

ILLUSTRATION

A brother looks up Bible texts while studying an article from "The Watchtower" in depth.

Do not let your studies take precedence over your service to Jehovah. (See paragraph 6.)

PROTECT “YOUR ABILITY TO THINK”

7. While pursuing your further studies, what ways of thinking should you be wary of?

7 What you should be careful about. Some further studies could expose you to “false philosophies and reasoning,” such as atheism or evolution (Col. 2:8). Or they could encourage you to be overconfident. A young brother recalls: “We were not only taught certain skills; we were also taught a way of thinking that often did not agree with Jehovah’s. We were told time and again that success in life depends only on oneself. This way of thinking left Jehovah out of the equation and made it harder for me to trust in him.”

8. Why is it important to “protect your ability to think”? (Proverbs 5:1, 2).

8 (Read Proverbs 5:1, 2). The Bible advises you to “protect your ability to think.” If something needs protecting, it's because it's under attack. And that's what Satan and his world are doing to your ability to think. (1 Ped. 5:8). The world's view of moral standards, the origin of life, and the existence of God can weaken your faith. People may say that their ideas are “superior,” but in reality they are inferior. In fact, “the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God” (1 Cor. 3:18-20).

9. What can you do to protect your ability to think?

9 What you can do before starting your further studies. To protect your ability to think, you must be certain of your beliefs. Therefore, before you begin to study, ask yourself questions like these: “Why do I believe in God? Why am I certain that the Bible is His Word? What convinces me that the Bible’s moral standards are superior to those of the world?” It's also good to think back to your school days. Ask yourself: “Did I ever doubt God's existence when I saw the conviction with which they spoke about evolution? Did I struggle to resist the temptation to imitate some of the bad things my classmates did? Is there anything I wish I had done differently? What can I do now to improve and strengthen my convictions?” Make a point of protecting your ability to think while you continue studying (2 Tim. 2:16-18).

10. What can you do to continue protecting your ability to think?

10 Once you begin studying, take a self-assessment periodically. Ask yourself: “Do certain lifestyles of the people around me seem less wrong now? Am I able to recognize when something I'm being taught is empty philosophy? Am I fully convinced that only the Kingdom of God can solve humanity's problems?” To prevent your classmates and teachers from affecting your ability to think, you must continue to study and meditate on the Bible. Being a good student of God's Word is the best antidote to doubt. (1 Tim. 4:15).

MANAGE YOUR TIME WELL

11. While pursuing your further studies, what should you be careful about when managing your time?

11 What you should be careful about. Additional studies can take up a lot of your time, especially during exam periods or when a project deadline is approaching. If you don't learn to manage your time well, you can become overly stressed or even burn out. So it's very important that you take care of your physical and emotional health.

12. What activities will you need to include in your schedule? (Ephesians 5:15, 16).

12 (Read Ephesians 5:15, 16). To make sure you are “making the most of your time,” you will need balance. This will not be easy because you will have many things to do. For example, although you will need to dedicate time to studying, it is even more important that you dedicate time to being with your family and with the brothers and sisters in the congregation (Ps. 133:1; Prov. 18:1). Of course, first on the list is attending to your spiritual needs. (Matt. 6:33). In addition, you may have family responsibilities and even a job. And don't forget that exercising and getting enough rest are essential for your health. (Ecl. 4:6; 1 Tim. 4:8). To avoid neglecting any of these things, you need to know how to manage your time well.

13. What can you do to make the most of your time?

13. What you can do before starting your further studies. The Bible says that when you make plans, you get good results (Prov. 21:5). So, before you start studying, make a realistic schedule for yourself. You should ask yourself: “Did I manage my time well when I was in school? Is there anything I wish I had done differently? What can I do now to improve?” Resolve to be the master of your time so that time does not become the master of your life.

14. What questions should you ask yourself?

14 When you start studying, give yourself a self-assessment every so often. Ask yourself: “Is my schedule allowing me to exercise and rest enough? Do I have enough free time to spend with my siblings? Am I able to turn in my assignments on time? If not, is it because I have too much to do, or is it because I leave everything to the last minute? Would my friends and family agree with my answers?” If you find you need to make changes to your schedule or be more disciplined, get to work. You can even ask for advice from others who you see are good at managing their time. (Prov. 11:14).

“WALK WITH THE WISE”

15. While pursuing your further studies, what should you be careful about?

15 What you should be careful about.While you are studying, your classmates may invite you to spend time with them outside of class, and you may be tempted to accept. Ultimately, they have a lot in common, especially if they spend many hours together in class. You might even think you have more in common with them than with some of your brothers and sisters in the congregation. But you must be careful. Although you share the classroom with them, you don't share their values. And the more time you spend with them, the more their way of thinking can rub off on you. (1 Cor. 15:33). That's what Michael noticed, after spending four years training and working as an electrician. He says, "Since I spent more than 40 hours a week with my colleagues, over time I stopped finding their views on women, their taste in music, and their foul language so objectionable."

16. What does Proverbs 13:20 teach us?

16 (Read Proverbs 13:20). The Bible warns us about the dangers of bad company. On the other hand, it also says that “he who walks with the wise will become wise.” What is the lesson? The people we associate with influence us for good or for bad. So seek the friendship of those who want what is best for you and, like you, love Jehovah with all their heart. (Ps. 101:6, 7; 119:63).

17. What can you do to avoid bad company?

17 What you can do before starting your further studies. Decide what limits you will set on your relationship with your colleagues. A Witness named Trenton says: “I get along with everyone, but I don’t spend time with them after school. They’re just my classmates, not my circle of friends.” And you? What limits have you thought about setting? Ask yourself: “What limits did I set while I was in school? Is there anything I wish I had done differently? What can I do now to improve?” Resolve to keep walking “with the wise” and avoid associating with those who do not love Jehovah.

18. What is a good question to ask yourself? (See also the image).

18. Do a self-exam every so often. Ask yourself: “Is my relationship with my colleagues becoming too close? Am I being influenced by their way of speaking, thinking, or acting? Would Jehovah approve of my responses?” (Ps. 1:1). If you notice that negative things are rubbing off on you, make changes right away. Make sure your best friends are people who love Jehovah as much as you do. And by the way, don't hesitate to preach to your colleagues. You are in a unique position to help them learn the truth.

ILLUSTRATION

A sister shows the tract "Is God pleased with all religions?" to her cosmetology classmate.

Don't hesitate to preach to your colleagues. (See paragraph 18.)

PREPARE YOURSELF WELL

19. Before you begin your further studies, what can you do to prepare for potential challenges? Give an example.

19 A good hiker knows that before starting their route, they need to be well prepared. For example, they make sure they are in good shape, wear appropriate clothing, and have a clear idea of ​​where they want to go. Of course, they can't predict everything that will happen along the way, but being well prepared will help them reach their goal. With additional studies you can do something similar. Make sure you have strong faith, put on “the full armor of God,” and be clear that your goal is not to become rich or to become someone important, but to give glory to Jehovah with everything you do. (Eph. 6:11-13; 1 Cor. 9:26, 27; 10:31).

20. How can you put into practice the advice “Keep examining yourselves to see whether you are standing firm in the faith”?

20 The Bible counsels us: “Keep examining yourselves to see whether you are firm in the faith. Keep testing what you yourselves are.” (2 Cor. 13:5) How can you apply this counsel as you continue your studies? By regularly examining yourself in the four areas we've discussed in this article, you can help. Are you maintaining a good schedule of spiritual activities? Are you protecting your ability to think so that you aren't influenced by the "wisdom" of this world? Are you managing your time well? Are you seeking the friendship of your brothers and sisters and avoiding bad company? Actually, these are questions you'll always have to ask yourself, whether you're at school, at work, or anywhere else. Do your best to maintain strong faith in every circumstance. You can trust that Jehovah will bless your efforts. (Prov. 3:5, 6).

BEFORE YOU START FURTHER STUDIES, HOW CAN YOU MAKE SURE YOU WILL CONTINUE DOING THESE THINGS?

Maintain a good program of spiritual activities.

We must keep in mind that, while the amount of time we dedicate to spiritual activities is important, what matters most is that they take first place in our lives. Let us remember that we are first and foremost servants of Jehovah, and then students, not the other way around.

Let us not lose sight of our priorities. Let us ask ourselves: “Have I thought about how I will continue to attend meetings, share in the ministry, and conduct my personal study?”

Protect “your ability to think”.

To protect our ability to think, we must ensure we are convinced of our beliefs. Therefore, before we begin to study, we should ask ourselves questions like these: “Why do I believe in God? Why am I certain that the Bible is His Word? What convinces me that the Bible’s moral standards are superior to those of the world?”

Manage your time well and avoid bad company.

The Bible says that when you make plans, you achieve good results. Therefore, before you begin studying, it's a good idea to create a realistic schedule. Let's strive to be masters of our time, so that time doesn't become masters of our lives.

It is also helpful to ask ourselves: “Did I manage my time well when I was in school? Is there anything I would have liked to do differently? What can I do now to improve?”

Comments