on
dailtext
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Start conversations (4 mins.) HOUSE TO HOUSE. Introduce and discuss a video from the teaching kit, but do not play it (lmd lesson 3 point 4).
Setting: During house-to-house witnessing, the publisher talks with a housewife about her concerns regarding the world situation. He then shows her the video “Where to Find Answers to Life’s Big Questions?” on his tablet.
Publisher: Good morning. My name is [name]. We're visiting neighbors to share a very brief thought that has helped many people maintain a positive attitude, despite the difficulties we're experiencing. How are you feeling today?
Assistant: Good morning. Well, thank God, I'm fine, although there's quite a bit of work to do around the house. What's it about?
Publisher: I completely understand. Housework is never-ending. I don't want to take up too much of your time; it will only be a few minutes.
When we talk to people, we notice that almost everyone is worried about something: family, the economy, health, or the future. Many even ask themselves, "Will things ever get better?" or "Why is there so much suffering?"
Have you ever asked yourself a question like that?
Assistant: Yes, of course. Especially when I watch the news. You hear about wars, violence, disease... and sometimes you wonder if this world really has any hope, or if God even cares about what we're going through.
Publisher: Thank you for sharing your feelings. Many people express something similar. It's normal that so much suffering makes us seek reliable answers.
That's precisely why I wanted to show you a very short video that answers an important question: Where can we find reliable answers to life's big questions? May I show it to you on my tablet? It's only a few minutes long.
Assistant: Well, if it's short, go ahead.
Publisher: Thank you very much. (plays the video “Where to find answers to life’s big questions?”)
What did you think? Were there any ideas that particularly caught your attention?
Assistant: Yes. I liked that he said the Bible can answer questions we still have today. Honestly, I always thought it was a book for very religious people or just for going to church.
Publisher: Many people think the same way until they start reading it. Interestingly, the Bible was written a long time ago, but its advice remains very useful for daily life. Furthermore, God left answers in it that help us understand why things happen and what hope we have for the future.
The video mentioned several questions. Which one would you like to answer first?
Assistant: I was struck by the question of whether it is truly possible to be happy and also whether this world will ever change.
Publisher: These are two very important questions. And what's most interesting is that the Bible doesn't answer with opinions, but rather explains God's purpose for humanity and why we can have hope, even in difficult times.
As I mentioned at the beginning, I don't want to keep you any longer. I'd like to come back another day and show you the answers to those questions directly from the Bible. I'm sure you'll find it very interesting.
Would you mind if I visited you another day?
Assistant: Yes, of course. I'm more relaxed in the afternoons. After four o'clock I've usually finished most of my work.
Publisher: Perfect. Then, if that works for you, I can come by next Monday at five in the afternoon.
Assistant: Yes, I'll be home at that time.
Publisher: Excellent. Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me. I will visit you next Monday to discuss these interesting answers the Bible offers in more detail. Have a wonderful day and much success in your work.
Assistant: Thank you very much. Likewise, have a great day.
Comments
Post a Comment