Tuesday, August 15, 2023

DAILY TEXT, Today's Friday, September 15, 2023, I will never leave you and I will never abandon you (Heb. 13:5).

DAILY TEXT, Today's  Friday, September 15, 2023,  I will never leave you and I will never abandon you (Heb. 13:5).

Let us examine the scriptures every day 2023

Friday, September 15

I will never leave you and I will never forsake you (Heb. 13:5).

Elders, you especially have the responsibility to comfort brothers with loved ones who have left Jehovah (1 Thes. 5:14). Take the initiative and encourage them before and after meetings. Visit them and pray for them. You can also preach with them or occasionally invite them to your family worship. Spiritual shepherds must show Jehovah’s suffering little sheep the compassion, love, and attention they need.​—1 Thes. 2:7, 8. Jehovah “does not desire that any should be destroyed, but that all should come to repentance” (2 Pet. 3:9). Even if a person commits a serious sin, his life is still very valuable to God. Remember that Jehovah paid a very high price for each of us: the life of his beloved Son. With love, God tries to help those who have left him to return to him. And he hopes they decide to do it, as we can learn from Jesus' parable of the lost son (Luke 15:11-32). w21.09 30, 31 paras. 17-19.

How have some benefited from supporting Jehovah’s discipline?

If you support the elders' decision to expel your family member, you may help him or her return to Jehovah. Elizabeth, mentioned in paragraph 4, acknowledges: “It was very hard to completely sever the relationship with our son, who was already an adult. But, when he returned to Jehovah, he admitted that he deserved expulsion. And some time later he said that he had learned many valuable lessons. “That made me appreciate Jehovah’s discipline.” Her husband, Mark, adds: “Years later, our son told me that in part he had decided to come back because we had done exactly what we were supposed to do. “I am very grateful that Jehovah helped us to be obedient.”

What can help you cope with pain?

Talk to understanding friends. Spend time with mature Christians who can help you stay positive (Prov. 12:25; 17:17). Joanna, mentioned in paragraph 9, comments: “The truth is that I felt very alone. But it helped me a lot to talk to trusted friends.” Now, what can you do if a sibling says something to you that makes you feel worse?

Why should we continue to bear with each other and forgive each other generously?

Be patient with siblings. Realistically, we cannot expect everyone to always tell us the ideal words (James 3:2). We are all imperfect, so don't be surprised if some don't know what to say or even if they accidentally say something hurtful to you. Remember the apostle Paul's advice: “Continue to bear with one another and forgive each other generously even if someone has reason to complain about another” (Col. 3:13). A sister who has a family member who was expelled explains: “Jehovah has helped me forgive brothers who were trying to do what was right but were unable to do so because of imperfection.” Let us now look at what the congregation can do to help faithful family members.

How can we help the relatives of someone who was recently expelled?

Let us treat faithful family members with kindness and affection. A sister named Miriam admits that she was a little afraid to go to meetings after her brother was expelled from it. She confesses: “I was afraid of what others would say. But there were very good friends who were also sad and didn't say anything negative about my brother. Thanks to them, I didn't feel alone.” Another sister remembers: “When our son was expelled, dear brothers came to console us. Some admitted that they did not know what to say. They cried with me or wrote me a few words. What they did helped me a lot.”

How can the congregation continue to support faithful family members?

Let's continue supporting faithful family members. They need our love and encouragement now more than ever (Heb. 10:24, 25). Sometimes, some relatives of those expelled have noticed that certain brothers have stopped speaking to them, as if they were also expelled. Let's never do that! Young people who have expelled parents especially need encouragement and congratulations. A sister named MarĂ­a tells what happened to her when her husband was expelled and left her family: “Some of my friends came to my house, cooked something and helped me study with my children. They felt my pain and cried with me. And they also defended me when some people spread false rumors about me. They encouraged me greatly” (Rom. 12:13, 15).

All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2023 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania JW.ORG.

No comments:

Post a Comment