Tuesday, July 4, 2023

DAILY TEXT, From today Friday August 4, 2023, Open your hearts wide (2 Cor. 6:13).

DAILY TEXT, From today Friday August 4, 2023,  Open your hearts wide (2 Cor. 6:13).

Let's Examine the Scriptures Every Day 2023

Friday August 4

Open wide your hearts (2 Cor. 6:13).

Is there someone in our congregation with whom we could be hospitable? There are certain times of the year when some brothers would appreciate having us around. For example, those with non-Witness family members may find the holidays difficult. For others, there are certain dates that are very painful, such as the anniversary of the death of a loved one. When we spend time with these brothers, we show them that we sincerely care about them (Phil. 2:20). There are many reasons why a Christian might feel lonely at times. But we must not forget that Jehovah knows very well how we feel. He often uses our brothers to give us what we need (Matt. 12: 48-50). For our part, we can show our appreciation by striving to support our spiritual family. No matter how we feel at times, we are never alone because Jehovah is there by our side. w21.06 13 pars. 18-20.

LET OTHERS FEEL PART OF OUR FAMILY

What responsibility do we all have?

We must all contribute to peace and love in the congregation. That way no one will feel totally alone (John 13:35). What we do and say can make a difference. One sister recalls: “When I learned the truth, the congregation became my family. Without her support, I would not have been able to become a Jehovah's Witness.” What can we do so that those who are alone in the truth feel part of the congregation?

How can we make friends with those who are new to the congregation?

Let us take the initiative and offer our friendship. We can start by lovingly welcoming those who are new to the congregation (Rom. 15:7). But we must go beyond a friendly greeting. We want to make good friends over time. To do this, let's be kind and show sincere interest in the new ones. Let's try to understand the problems they have without intruding on their life. Since some may find it difficult to say how they feel, let's be careful not to make them feel compelled to speak up. Rather, let us lovingly ask prudent questions and listen patiently. For example, we can ask them how they came to know Jehovah.

How can mature Christians help others in the congregation?

When mature Christians, especially the elderly, take an interest in others, the congregation is spiritually strengthened. Melissa, who was raised in the truth by her mother, says, “Words are not enough to thank me that over the years there have been siblings willing to be parents to me. Whenever I need to talk, there is someone who listens to me. Let's see what Mauricio, a young brother who felt abandoned when his former Bible teacher became inactive, recounted: “One of the things that helped me the most was the personal interest of the elders. They made time to talk to me regularly, joined me in the preaching work, told me about a gem they had found in their personal Bible study, and even played sports with me.”

In what practical ways could we help some brothers?

Give practical help (Gal. 6:10). A missionary named Leo, who serves away from his family, says: “Often all you need is a simple act of kindness at the right time. I remember what happened one day when I had an accident with my vehicle. When I finally got home, my nerves were on edge. But then a couple invited me to their house to eat something simple. I don't remember what they gave me, but the affection with which they listened to me stuck with me. In the end, I felt much better."

We all enjoy being at our special meetings, like assemblies, partly because we are with the brothers and we talk about the program. But let's see what Carol, quoted above, explains: “Assemblies are especially difficult times for me, because although I am surrounded by hundreds or even thousands of brothers, most of them are with their families. The feeling of loneliness is very strong”. It is very hard for some to go to an assembly for the first time after the death of their husband or his wife. Do you know someone who is in a similar situation? Could we invite you to be with our family at the next special gathering?

All Rights Reserved Copyright © 2023 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania JW.ORG.

No comments:

Post a Comment